Q&A with Chaundre Hall-Broomfield


Chaundre Hall-Broomfield is an actor in the Angelica Tour of Hamilton: An American Musical. He plays the dual roles of Hercules Mulligan and James Madison. Dre is from Newburgh, NY. He agreed to answer a few questions about his acting career.


Q: When did you start acting?
A:  The 10th grade

Q: Have you always wanted to be an actor growing up?
A: No, I thought was JUST going to be a musician.

Q: Who or what is your inspiration when you perform?
A: Everyday has a different source of inspiration. But my bases for all I do comes from God.

Q: Why did you want to be involved in the show?
A: I didn't until they asked me to come in. I didn't want to do musical theatre. But what kept me coming after that first audition and finding out more about the show, I realized, the story that they're telling isn't that different from any other moving story of today, but it's the WAY it's told that makes the show revolutionary. And as an actor and artist to be a part of a revolution is an honor.

Q: What is your dream role?
A: Troy in Fences.

Q: What are some of the challenges you face while playing your characters?
A: Did I have enough Gatorade before the show? This show is a marathon.

Q: How are you and your characters similar? How are you different?
A: Mulligan has an excitement and drive about life that I resonate with. Madison is actually very different from me in that he plans quietly to himself. He is a man of action, but his action remains in his head. Which is why he needs Jefferson. Jefferson is the talker, Madison is the thinker. they need each other.


Q: If you could play any other character, who would it be and why?
A: Burr, he's the hardest one to do because he has to HIT so many marks. His range of expression is the wildest I think. Would love that challenge.

Q: What impacted you the most during the show? (This does not have to be one of your characters)
A: Philip's death in act two

Q: What are your plans for the future after you leave Hamilton?
A: Get back into some music and continue the grind. Looking forward to wherever God takes me.

Dre is a talented actor, who I had the pleasure of seeing perform at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. I know with his talent in acting and music, he will go far in any career path he chooses.

Comments

Post a Comment